21/2 – 25/4/2022 (Monday/ Tuesday)|
Foundational Education Course for Nurse Educators (2022)
Time & Location
21/2 – 25/4/2022 (Monday/ Tuesday)
About the Event
* Please click here for more information *
The 10-week education course aims to address the need for in-service education for nurse educators engaging in all levels of pre-registration, post-registration and post-graduate nursing studies. The course reflects a key objective of HKCERN to promote advancement of nursing education and quality of educational practices among nursing professionals.
1. To update and enhance nurse educators’ knowledge, understanding and application of pedagogical theories and evidence for improving their practice in teaching and learning
2. To promote nurse educators’ skills, interest, and confidence in developing and testing innovative teaching/learning approaches, strategies or practices
3. To act as a catalyst for promoting quality and effectiveness in teaching and learning practices
4. To provide a platform for nurse educators to critique and collaborate in educational practices
5. To act as a springboard to engagement in educational research
Target course participants
The course is primarily designed for nurse educators currently engaging in the education of nurses across all levels of nursing education programmes. However, nurses who are interested in teaching or planning to become nurse educators may also find the course relevant to their needs.